If you want to add stained glass to your window, that will raise the price. The cost of stained glass varies largely on many factors. People who are wondering ‘how much do stained glass windows cost’ must keep in mind that a number of factors determine the final price. These include the type of glass you use, how intricate the design is, the size as well as a number of windows being installed or replaced, as well as the installation charges.
The Type of Glass You Use
One of the main things that influence the price of stained-glass windows is the type of glass that is being used.
- Cathedral glass is sheet glass that is normally very practical for large-scale projects. It is normally 1/8” thick, translucent glass that can be used for simple designs or complex designs.
- Opaque glass is a dense glass that is not see-through. It often has several different colors and can be used to create unique effects within a stained glass window It’s useful for controlling the light levels in a room that receives the blinding sun each day, or for privacy.
- If you want something a little more decorative, you can choose from a variety of textured glasses. These glasses have a raised design that can add depth and interest to your window.
- Tiffany style glass, for example, is a style of stained glass that is known for its beauty and intricate designs. Named after well-known artist and designer Louis Comfort Tiffany, tiffany style stained glass is significantly more labor intensive more expensive than other types of stained glass because glass is plated on top of other glass to create even more unique effects
- Flashed stained glass windows are those that have a layer of colored glass over a clear
- Stained glass windows are made using lead or copper foil stained glass mediums. These mediums are used to create decorative
Now that you understand the different types, let’s move on to other factors to consider when choosing a stained glass design.
How Intricate the Design Is
Generally, simpler designs don’t cost you an arm and a leg. But windows that have a lot of intricate details will be more costly to create.
The Size & Number of Windows Being Installed or Replaced
Another thing that can affect how much stained-glass windows cost is the size of the window. Generally, the bigger the window, the higher its price tends to be. The complexity of the design can also affect the price. The number of panes that need to be replaced or installed end up contributing to the final price. If you are just replacing a few panes, the cost will be less than if you are installing a new window.
The Charges of a Professional Stained-Glass Window Installation Expert
If you are not comfortable with making your own stained-glass windows, you can always hire a professional to do the work for you. The cost of hiring a professional will depend on the experience and reputation of the artist.
The cost of stained-glass windows can vary greatly depending on the type of glass, the intricacy of the design, the size and number of panes that need to be replaced or installed, and the charges of the installation expert. If you are looking for beautiful and affordable stained-glass windows, Cavallini Co., Inc. is the perfect place to go. We are a family-owned business that has been providing quality stained glass work for over 65 years. We can create beautiful and unique stained-glass windows for your church, home or business. Contact us today to get a free quote!